· Biblical Proportions is the second book I have written, the first was Love Song. This idea of writing the book Biblical Proportions was dropped in my spirit as I was reading the Bible and recognized that the situations we are dealing with today are already written. At that moment I recognized that stories needed to be told to: one to bring awareness to how relatable the Bible is; two show the readers how important developing a relationship with the Lord is; and three share an overall message. Biblical Proportions is a story about twin brothers who are music executives in their family business, the dynamics of this book was inspired by the story of Esau and Jacob from the Bible. James and Edward are polar opposites, but they find themselves in the battle of a lifetime. These two gentlemen where fighting the consequences of some bad choices and the only way out was to strengthen their faith and surrender to the will of the Lord. They found their strength, peace, and their purpose along the way.
Where do you get your storylines from?
· The storylines came to me organically, I would say. The process that I use when I write my books is that I identify every situation for every chapter before I start to write the book. I think the upfront preparations helps move the process along quickly because everything is setup to flow naturally. As I mentioned, the book was inspired by the story of Esau and Jacob so that helped a lot. It took me three weeks to write this book. It was actually finished in October 2017, but it wasn’t time to release it.
Was this book easier to write than others?
· No, I don’t think it was easier than others.
· It wasn’t easier because I struggled with what type of content to add to the book since ithas a strong faith message. My first book had an element of faith in it, but not to the level of Biblical Proportions. However, I kept hear that I need to meet people where they are and let the words flow as they needed to flow. It was an initial struggle though. Plus, there are scriptural references and I had to make sure it all worked.
Do you only write one genre?
· Yes. I had some thriller ideas, but I haven’t been moved to go in that direction.
Do you have a specific place or setting where you write?
· I mainly write in my room with music playing. No other sounds or distractions. Just music and the clicking of my keyboard, relaxing in my bed.
Describe what made you want to be a writer?
· I knew for many years that I wanted to write a book, but I just could not figure out what I wanted to write about. I had ideas, but nothing was clicking for me. It was not until January of 2017, when I was separated from my husband and jobless, that I found myself in a position where I had to find myself. I created this process titled Finding Life’s Love Song which is a process that take you through step by step on how to free yourself from the baggage weighing you down. Once I was done going through the process, I knew that I had to share it with the world because I was not the only person going through this type of storm. One night I dreamed about a woman and her friends and their dynamic. When I woke up, I knew I had to write this story and it is the first book I wrote. The book is titled Love Song and it was written in three weeks. To God be the glory.
Thank you for having me!